Object of My Rejection is the 22nd episode of the season and the finale of the first season.
Grace goes on a date but would not tell Will the name of the guy so he listens to the answering machine messages and finds out she is going out with her ex-fiance Danny, whom she left at the altar months prior. When Will tries to interfere, Grace angrily asks him stay out of it, saying she should make her own decisions.
Karen and her maid Rosario visit Will to seek counsel about Rosario's green card expiring soon. They discuss that the easiest way is for her to get married to a US Citizen who is available but is not looking for romantic entanglement, i.e. Jack.
During Jack and Rosario's wedding, Grace gets Will to admit how he still thinks Danny is bad for her. She reveals that she already broke up with Danny and just wanted to make sure Will thinks it is the right decision.
After everyone had left, they resolve that they need to "move on" and decide to not live together anymore.
- Tom Verica (Danny)
- Shelley Morrison (Rosario Salazar)
- Franklin Cover (Justice of Peace)
- Bob Morrisey (Man #2)
- Steve Sandoval (Janitor)
- Jack and Rosario's full names are mentioned by the Justice of Peace.
- Danny's first actual appearance as his face is not seen during the pilot. He reappears again during his own wedding in season 4.
- Rosario's first actual appearance. Rosario's mother is mentioned to be in at the wedding reception but is not seen.
- Will references The Jerry Springer Show as Karen and Rosario argue loudly in his office.
- Out of frustration, Will tells Grace that Pamela Anderson makes better choices than her. Anderson has had highly-publicized personal life, especially during her marriage to musician Tommy Lee whom she married 4 days after meeting him.
- Will sarcastically asks Grace to tell him "when to butt in, and when to butt out, and when to do the hokey-pokey, and when to turn myself around", after the Hokey pokey song.
- Will says that the kiss at Jack and Rosario's wedding was as uncomfortable as the kiss between Richard Gere and Jodie Foster in Sommersby (1993). Foster "unofficially" came out in 2013.
Is it a blind date? Or a new client? Or, I don't know, your ex-fiancé, who you wasted 2 years of your life with until you finally came to your senses and left him at the altar... or what? — Will
Well, excuse me for caring. It's just I'm the one that always has to clean up the mess. I'm like the little guy in the circus who has to follow the elephant around with a bucket. — Will
|Danny:||You still into guys and all that?|
|Will:||Yeah, I'm afraid so. The antibiotics just didn't seem to work.|
You know, it's funny. I always imagined myself a December bride. But there is something about a last-minute marriage to an illegal alien for $1,000 that has a romance all its own. — Jack
|Will:||Pop quiz: Jack, what side of the bed does Rosario sleep on?|
|Jack:||She sleeps in a hammock on the sun porch. How the hell should I know?|
|Will:||Jack, this is serious, ok? It's not like the time you pretended to be Jewish so you could get that rabbi's phone number.|
|Jack:||Oh, what a mistake. A guy who can't go out on a Friday night.|
|Karen:||This is so stupid! I look like a piñata.|
|Karen:||Yeah, and if I beat you with a stick, I could watch all my money fall out.|
Are you out of your mind? Are you so intent on ruining your life? My god! Pamela Anderson makes better choices than you! — Will